Can I upgrade the graphics card(hardware)in my Toshiba Satellite c55-A-1GK??

Status
Not open for further replies.

fani1984

Prominent
Jul 7, 2017
Hello!!

I currently have tis laptop model Toshiba Satellite c55-A-1GK, with this specs

cpu : Intel Core i3 3110M @ 2.40GHz,
ram : 4.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz
graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 (Toshiba)
1023MB NVIDIA GeForce 710M (Toshiba)

So , i was wondering if I could upgrade it to something better,other than my ram,if I bought a newer graphics nvidia geforce graphics card.

Is it possible ?What is your advice?

Thank you so much!

Solution
the best u can upgrade is your ram and hdd to ssd.its a no for the graphic card since its soldered and a part of the motherboard.if u want a new graphics card for your laptop,getting a new laptop is the only solution.PS: only few older high end models like dell,alienware,msi uses mxm type card for their gpu.even then u will run into few problem with bios,heatsink if its not plug and play.not to mention the price of the card itself could exceed your laptop price.
the best u can upgrade is your ram and hdd to ssd.its a no for the graphic card since its soldered and a part of the motherboard.if u want a new graphics card for your laptop,getting a new laptop is the only solution.PS: only few older high end models like dell,alienware,msi uses mxm type card for their gpu.even then u will run into few problem with bios,heatsink if its not plug and play.not to mention the price of the card itself could exceed your laptop price.

Solution

sicily428

Notable
May 26, 2017
this is the motherboard of your toshiba
http://www.keyboard-store.com-www.keyboard-store.com/toshiba-satellite-c55-a-1gk-laptop-motherboard.html
Iklm0634sM.jpg

sicily428

Notable
May 26, 2017

I posted that photo for saying that you can't upgrade your gpu

Status
Not open for further replies.