Can I use PC audio ports as separate outputs?

StrongBlade227

Estimable
Apr 16, 2015
On my Windows 10 PC, I am using a piece of software to control which applications go to which audio outputs. I am using the headphone port on the front of the PC, and the headphone port on the back. On my previous PC (which was also running Windows 10), I was able to (through Realtek HD Audio Manager) separate those two outputs creating two Realtek High Definition Audio playback devices. I am unsure on how to do this now as Realtek HD Audio manager doesn't seem to still have this option.
Does anyone know how I can do this?

Also, is there any way I can have additional audio outputs to the on es I already have? Is it possible to use each surround sound port as a separate audio output or is there any other way of doing this?

Thanks.

Solution
Are you wanting to output different audio streams simultaneously from your analog audio outputs? If so, I think that would have to be a capability built into your soundcard (or on-board audio codec) hardware, so if the drivers don't have an option it may not be possible.

If you go with digital outputs (USB, bluetooth) to different audio devices, in theory you could choose which program outputs where, but I don't know what sort of software would support that.

TheDoog

Commendable
Dec 9, 2016
I would say if the software installed that controls your audio does not have the option to do so then I would say no. There may be other software that could do this but I am not aware of it.

TJ Hooker

Honorable
Apr 15, 2014
Are you wanting to output different audio streams simultaneously from your analog audio outputs? If so, I think that would have to be a capability built into your soundcard (or on-board audio codec) hardware, so if the drivers don't have an option it may not be possible.

If you go with digital outputs (USB, bluetooth) to different audio devices, in theory you could choose which program outputs where, but I don't know what sort of software would support that.

Solution