Solved! Can LG BH9420PW 3D Blu-Ray disc system with Wifi Direct send wireless to Epson 5040UBe wireless 3D projector?

Vince T

Commendable
Mar 18, 2019
I have to buy a new home theatre TV with 3D because the Samsung 3D Plasma TV got vertical line disease. I don't care much about 4K, but still want to watch 3D movies on our LG BH9420PW Blu-Ray 3D home theatre system. It says it has Wifi Direct and was able to receive signal from our router before just fine. I want to buy something like an Epson 5040UBe wireless 3D projector and AVOID all those cables strung across the ceiling. Can the LG player communicate wirelessly to the Epson projector and still keep the surround sound 3D audio and video we've come to enjoy and don't want to do without?

Solution
The projector comes with an HDMI wireless transmitter that connects to the HDMI output of the HTS. It will work exactly as if you connected an HDMI cable from the HTS to the projector.
The projector doesn't come with 3D glasses so you may want to make sure that the ones you have or purchase are compatible with the Epson.
You will be very happy with the projector. It's amazing how quickly you will find the really large screen addictive.
The projector comes with an HDMI wireless transmitter that connects to the HDMI output of the HTS. It will work exactly as if you connected an HDMI cable from the HTS to the projector.
The projector doesn't come with 3D glasses so you may want to make sure that the ones you have or purchase are compatible with the Epson.
You will be very happy with the projector. It's amazing how quickly you will find the really large screen addictive.

Solution

Vince T

Commendable
Mar 18, 2019
Thanks Americanaudiophile for your quick response. Forgive my ignorance about how these things work. I appreciate your patience. How does the Epson projector connect to the LG HTS to send a wireless signal to the HTS HDMI Output? I'm confused here. I thought wireless transmitted from transmitter to receiver. Is the wireless signal from the Epson projector a 2-way street sending and receiving? I went online and saw an Epson projector wireless connection video that showed somebody using a USB key to wirelessly connect a laptop to a projector. First they put the key into the projector, then it recognized it. Then, they put the key into the laptop and image on the laptop was showing on the screen. Does the Epson come with a similar HDMI key that works the same way?

Last edited:

Vince T

Commendable
Mar 18, 2019
Okay, Maybe, I'm learning a bit here. I went onto a site that sells the Epson 5040Ube and looked at the description of the parts included. It says Wireless HD transmitter with power cable and AC adapter. Re-reading your answer, it looks like the HD Wireless transmitter plugs into the HTS HDMI output, converts it to a wireless signal and STREAMS it wirelessly to the projector so I can mount the projector anywhere in the room that works for the keystoning setup. Now I got. Thanks!

Vince T

Commendable
Mar 18, 2019
Last question (I hope), Will the active shutter glasses (replaceable button battery type)that came with my Samsung Plasma 3D tv work with the Epson 5040UBe 3D function? It says to use RF glasses with the projector. I see there are 2 kinds of glasses, RF and IR.