Solved! Can my laptop run gta v i have intel core i7 with 8gb of rams also intel HD 4000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution

It will run, however it will be a terrible experience. Even on a resolution like 720P or something along those lines the Intel HD 4000 4 GB will have a tough time running GTA V, you will have to lower the settings to the lowest if you want to a decent experience.

KKAW

Estimable
Apr 29, 2015

It will run, however it will be a terrible experience. Even on a resolution like 720P or something along those lines the Intel HD 4000 4 GB will have a tough time running GTA V, you will have to lower the settings to the lowest if you want to a decent experience.

Solution

Karadjgne

Distinguished
Herald
Integrated graphics are good for 1 thing. Windows. This means YouTube video will be ok, Microsoft Hearts, minecraft or any other low gpu need game. If you look at a games minimum req and it says nvidia GT or GTX, you'll be out of luck.

beardedtexan

Honorable
Dec 11, 2013

While I agree with the fact that most games will neve run. My lapto is running an i7-4500u, 16gb ram and intel 4400 and I have been playing Skyrim heavily modded with medium settings for a while. Along with games such as DayZ, and some other RTS games. I was impressed... But anything like GTA V on an integrated graphics card might as well try to play it on a mobile phone.

KKAW

Estimable
Apr 29, 2015

The games you mostly play are heavily CPU based, that is why. GTA V is heavy on both ends, especially GPU.

Karadjgne

Distinguished
Herald

Skyrim, especially modded, and other such games are heavily single threaded, and it's the dual core i7 that's doing the Lions share of the work, the gpu is comparatively doing next to nothing, which is why it's ok on a igpu for middling settings. WoW is pretty much the same, hard on the cpu. Other games are much higher gpu usage and it's those games that fail on an igpu. If you had an i3 instead of the i7 or even a pentium, even skyrim would suffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.