Can my notebook support dual searated video??

makaveli2007

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2010
hi

i have Asus A52JC http://www.asus.com/Notebooks/Versatile_Performance/A52JC/

i connect it to my HD TV using the HD output ..

can i view a one thing on the notebook and the Tv would show something else??

like i will be surfing the web & simultenly viewing a movie on the notebook?

mubin

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
So you want to view more at a time. It is possible if you use extended display from screen resolution. You can drag movie player to one display and can surf internet on another.

makaveli2007

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2010

where do you mean "screen resolution?? the one that can be entred via control panel?

and how its chosen , what would be in each screen (TV, Notebook LCD),

also if iam transmiting a movie from the notebook to the TV with audio
, could i use the notebook playing music (multiple audio)

mubin

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
Yes, from control panel or by right clicking desktop, you can enter 'screen resolution' and change display setting for multiple display. Once you connect your tv, you will see this option available in there.

Dualmonitorsetup.png

It will automatically set into extended display. If not you can change from there. There will be extended desktop on 2nd display. You will after setup. You can just drag window to another display.

You can run multiple audio with multiple video/audio player at anytime. No need to transmit audio to tv. But you can understand two music at a time.

makaveli2007

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2010

hi mubin

youre saying that in order to view dual diffrent video

i need to chose extended display?? did this is the only way or there are more options?

it works for me.

but isnt a way , where i wont have to drag windows from one monitor to another monitor'?

dont get me wrong, your answear works for me.

i just want to know if there's other way.

mubin

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
No, there is no other way. I dont see any.

But you can set two display as one big monitor if you have supported mobile nvidia/ati graphic card.

But your geforce 310m is not supported for nvidia 3D VISION SURROUND/ two display as one.

makaveli2007

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2010

hi mubin

thanks for your reply

your sultion of chosing extended display works great man.

but i cant see how i can play 2 audio sources at once, as windows supports only one audio channel at a time.

first when i didnt have suond on the TV only Video , i needed to configure it in the "Audio" control panel , so when i have extended video display, the Tv would generte sound but the Notebook wont.

if i chose "notebook speakers" it would disable the tv speakers.

you see windows can only handle one audio source at a time.

if you have any sultion holla at me.

BTW if i had 3D vision Surround and i would want to set to displays as one monitor, could this be done through windows "display" properties or i would need another program?

mubin

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
You cant use multiple audio channel in your laptop. You have to use one speaker. If you want to play two music at time, then run two music player and it will work.

Suppose you can open VLC player for watching movie and windows media player for listening music at a time. It will work in one speaker.

About 3D vision surround, you have to set it via Nvidia control panel. Its easy from there.

makaveli2007

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2010

myabe you dont understand me.

i dont look to play to sound's at same time and get mixed audio.

wehn i use extended audio , for example : i want that the NoteBook play "windows media player", and the TV play a video from "youtube".

than to have the "windows media player" with its sound in the notebook , and the "youtube" with its audio in the Tv.

mubin

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
I understand but you cant do this. Even if you can, sound will be mixed up if the notebook and tv are in one room.

makaveli2007

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2010

ok

thank you mubin

really informing