Can not get rid of potential virus

Hashir1096

Estimable
Aug 31, 2014
Ok so I just logged into my pc to notice some of my stuff behaving weird (Steam not logging in udp mode etc) I was checking through the stuff when I noticed a process with a weird name, I instantly realized something and I decided to delete the entire but the problem is that it kept saying it needed administrator access even though I was the administrator..
I just installed malware bytes but I think it is not detecting it atm I am going to install an anti virus soon just to get rid of it.
To top it off I even tried taking ownership of it but it asks for permissions from the same user I am actually logged in to... I have also tried deleting it from cmd and all those shenanigans.

Any help would be appreciated, The folder of it is hidden, read-only and is located in ProgramData

Hashir1096

Estimable
Aug 31, 2014

Tried it.. No use. The process was some random numbers last I saw and the folder is called "MS Config Extended 2.0".. The start up panel in MSconfig shows it as "Isopolite" by "Prochronize" I tried deleting the registries , no use.

Hashir1096

Estimable
Aug 31, 2014

Asks for access to change attrib too and can't even change it from command prompt. I will try Spybot later on.

PapaWood

Estimable
Apr 15, 2015
If you have a backup of it, from a known working time, might be a good idea, or when in doubt, if its not the end of the world, a fresh install can cure a lot. Nobody likes that answer though.