Can some one help with my mic problem with the Logitech g230's?

Casey Northern

Estimable
Apr 13, 2014
When i first got my head set my mic was working fine and after 4 months my mic has been very quite my friends say and i have check both my mic level in windows sound and my mic levels in the program im talking to my friends in and i just want to know if any one else has had this problem and if there is any way to fix it

And i am very sorry for the grammar never been a big fan of it

Nerumph

Estimable
Apr 15, 2014
First off, ensure the dial on the front of the interface box attached to your headphone line is not on the mute button, and also try setting the volume slider on the side to the max. Next, go under your recording devices window by right clicking the speaker icon on your taskbar and selecting "Recording Devices." Make sure the "line in" (or mic in, depending on your audio driver) device is set as the default.

Right click that device and select properties. Navigate to the "levels" tab and ensure the slider is all the way at 100%. You can boost past that, but it will probably just add more noise if you do.

Now if the above does not work, report back and we can try something else.

Just out of curiosity, what software are you using to communicate with? Or is this in game comms? And in which case, which game?

Jur5ey

Estimable
May 19, 2014

I ahve the same problem. Just tried what you said to do but nothing has worked. My problem is generally the mic is really quiet, not for any specific game. Help please :c