Grub

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
I am using Ulead studio 6 for capturing. It seems to perform fine, but when I render it to VCD and burn it witht the Ulead software, my DVD player won't recognize anything on the disk. It just continues to search forever. The DVD players says that it reads VCD's. I am burning the movies onto CD-RW's does this make a difference? What software do you all reccommend that will burn VCD's that I can download?

Let's all settle our political differences with a LAN.

elzt

Distinguished
May 10, 2002
Some DVD players can't recognize CD-Rs and CD-RWs. They can only play pressed discs. So I'd suggest you try other CD-R/-RWs and see if they work on your DVD player. You can also try if your VCD can be played by a PC optical drive.

I 'm using Nero for burning data CDs, audio CDs, VCDs, SVCDs and DVDs and 'm very satisfied with it.

Grub

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
Thanks for the input. I'll try my VCD on my DVD player at work. I have used the same CD-RW in my DVD player before, but it had music on it at the time. I'll try and nail down where my problem is, and post back.

Grub

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
It turns out that it was my DVD player. It says it plays DVD's but, I tried three different media types and three different formats on each and it didn't help. All three disks worked on my friends DVD player.

Grub

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
I found a useful data base on VCDhelp.com, that lists most DVD players and what they are compatible with...formats, media, ect...

The only way France is going in is if we tell them we've discovered truffles in Iraq. -Dennis Miller

elzt

Distinguished
May 10, 2002
Yeah, VCDhelp.com (now called dvdrhelp.com) is a great site for lots of helpful info on making your own VCDs and DVDs, video format conversion and what you've mentioned, etc... just about everything on this topic.

BTW, how did you get your name shown differently in the above posts? Just curious.

Grub

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
I found what my problem was. My DVD player plays VCD's, but not VCD's that are made from CD-Rs and CD-RWs. However, I checked on the forums and found that there is one type of media that works anyway....muahahahaha

The only way France is going in is if we tell them we've discovered truffles in Iraq. -Dennis Miller

TheGreatGrapeApe

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2003
When using a NON-CDR/W enabled player, always burn to BLACK disks (of a quality maker) I can make Black Memorex disk work in almost any non-CDR/W machine.
I don't know the technicals behind it (probably refractive properties etc [ go explain it you physicists/engineers ]) but I had read that they were th best for audio and had better compatibility with older non-CDR/W audio players. I found the same is true for VCD playing DVD machines.
They cost a little more but now ALL I ever burn on is BLACK Memorex 48X. What a penny or two a CD?

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <font color=red>RED</font color=red> <font color=green>GREEN</font color=green> :tongue: GA to SK

Grub

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
Thanks Grape...I'll try them out....

xxsk8er101xx

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
try a cd-r. It does make a difference.

Life is irrelivent and irrational.

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=9933" target="_new"> My Rig </A>