Can this laptop (inspiron 15 5558 i7-5500u) run csgo at 120fps or more?

Solution
I am at work right now, so I suggest you do a Google search on "nVidia 920m CGSO" (without the quotes) to find Youtube videos which should give you a general idea.

Be aware that Valve is planning to update the game engine to Source 2 sometimes next year. That should mean better looking graphics, but at the cost of being a little more demanding so frame rates will drop a bit.

miggtt699

Honorable
Aug 31, 2012
With low settings, people are saying they can reach 90-170fps on a 920m 1280x720 on low settings, the CPU shouldn't be an issue.

It is however, recommended that you update the drivers as soon as you get the laptop.

I am at work right now, so I suggest you do a Google search on "nVidia 920m CGSO" (without the quotes) to find Youtube videos which should give you a general idea.

Be aware that Valve is planning to update the game engine to Source 2 sometimes next year. That should mean better looking graphics, but at the cost of being a little more demanding so frame rates will drop a bit.

Solution

Yeah, the screen's refresh rate limits how many FPS can actually be displayed. So playing a game with a laptop that can push 80 FPS will feel pretty similar compared to a laptop that can push 120 FPS, if the screen can only display at most 60 FPS.