Question Can you replace usb-c port with usb-c power delivery port?

Mar 26, 2023
Hello, usb-c port in my laptop is gone and wanted to get it replaced, just wondering if you can replace it with a usb-c power delivery port so I can charge it with usb-c cord? I got nothing from a google search so i'm assuming no?

Mar 26, 2023
Probably not. Your overall system would have to have been designed to perform as described. That isn't just something you add via a port swap alone.
I was able to find a couple youtube videos where you can add a usb pd port to your old laptop, but in those videos they hooked up the port to the barrel jack spot and drilled a bigger hole for the usb-c. They sell the ports cheap on alibaba. I was just wondering if I could keep my barrel jack spot and just replace my usb-c so that way I wouldn't have to drill any holes.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I was able to find a couple youtube videos where you can add a usb pd port to your old laptop, but in those videos they hooked up the port to the barrel jack spot and drilled a bigger hole for the usb-c. They sell the ports cheap on alibaba. I was just wondering if I could keep my barrel jack spot and just replace my usb-c so that way I wouldn't have to drill any holes.
I don't think so, per my previous post.