Can you take a verizon i phone 4 to straight talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
It would need to be unlocked, but yes. To check if it's unlocked, insert a SIM card from Straight Talk, or Nextel or AT&T or whatever other carrier you choose. Turn the phone on, and if it's locked it will read either "Network Locked" or "Access Denied" or something else along those lines.

If there is no such message displayed, and you only see "no service" - then the phone is unlocked and simply not activated on the other carrier.

We do not offer any sort of unlocking help as we cannot verify device ownership, but this thread is your best bet for more information if it does happen to be locked: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/58384-36-need-unlocking-help-read-here

Alexander Perlman

Honorable
Apr 28, 2013
I have iPhone 5 that does not have a SIM card in it and it is used on Straight Talk network connecting to Verizon towers (TFW is showing on network ID). All the iphones sold at Walmart for Straight Talk are CDMA iphones like Sprint and Verizon. Theoretically as long as Straight Talk can provision you iphone 4 ESN number - it can be done. As long as you account with Verizon is closed and ESN is not still hanging as inactive on Verizon network you should be able to use it on Straight Talk. I would certainly make an attempt.

Ryanc122121

Honorable
May 4, 2013
Theoreticaly you would be right but the issue with bringing a verizon or sprint phone is all of the i phones sold at walmart are linked to one common account shared by straighttalk and walmart as far as MEID's are concerned so if they cant verifiy that the MEID has been purchased from walmart its a no go ...ive tryed calling and lying saying i bought mine from walmart and they couldnt find the fake purchase in there system so they were not able to do nuthhin ..not i got a expensive iPod since the phone wont work ..hope this helps clarify a little

dixon8809

Honorable
May 6, 2013
You cannot use a CDMA Verizon phone on straight talk. I know this because I have an iPhone on straight talk. It has to be a gsm phone because you have to order a micro sim from straight talk. Unless you buy the phone retail from straight talk which they do sell now. But a iPhone coming from another carrier has to be GSM. I think however that 4s is a world phone and has a SIM card to so as long as the iPhone has a gsm antenna your good. Otherwise no

tmullins

Honorable
Jul 6, 2013
OK PEOPLE, on ur iphone 4 go on the wifi, download app google voice, create an acct: http://www.google.com/voice, fricken buy a hotspot device and poof there's your service for iphone4, u get ur own number too! thats what i done got tired of every carrier telling me they could not flash it over wtf

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012

Not every country has carriers that offer hotspot devices with unlimited data. The best I can get in my area is a 15Gb plan, and it costs $120/mo.

taurusvirginia1

Honorable
Nov 25, 2013

I sell cell phones and do the contracts; I hate to bust your bubble but you can not take a Verizon phone on straight talk if it does not have a sim card and the only Verizon phone made of newer models with a sim is the Galaxy 3 4G LTE on up. People are confused and think that Straight Talk is only Verizon but they are not, when they first started they were, now they are Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile. I work for Walmart and been doing this for 5yrs. Your phone has to also be what we call "unlocked". A contract phone is a locked phone. It means that the phone is locked to that carrier and it is now against the law to unlock a cell phone.

Foxrida911

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013

A verizon iphone 4 can in fact be used on straight talk all you have to do is purchase a CDMA network access code card from straight talk and register your phone on straight talks website as a byop CDMA I've done it with 4 of my friends iphone 4 already and I'm posting this with an iPhone 4 on straight talk right now

erict1998

Honorable
Nov 28, 2013

Tara Simpkins

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013
How is it done, I tried it didn't work. My iphone is a Verizon phone.

Lynchmob2255

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013

To the guy who sells phones and does contracts! You obviously have no clue what you are talking about at all! I would never buy a phone from you for that reason! If you go to any Walmart in the country meaning america you would no that you can buy straight talk. Straight talk now has a package called BYOP. Straight talk BYOP caters to GMS Phones and CDMA Phones! Please go to where ever it is you work and do your self a favor and quite your job. You obviously have not what clue what you are talking about. I work for straight talk and it is a 100% possible some iPhone 4 need to be unlocked depending on what the serial number starts with the only way to find out us try it if it don't work get the phone unlocked if it works use the phone.

Dec 8, 2013
To the guy who sells phones and does contracts! You obviously have no clue what you are talking about at all! I would never buy a phone from you for that reason! If you go to any Walmart in the country meaning america you would no that you can buy straight talk. Straight talk now has a package called BYOP. Straight talk BYOP caters to GMS Phones and CDMA Phones! Please go to where ever it is you work and do your self a favor and quite your job. You obviously have not what clue what you are talking about. I work for straight talk and it is a 100% possible some iPhone 4 need to be unlocked depending on what the serial number starts with the only way to find out us try it if it don't work get the phone unlocked if it works use the phone.[/quotemsg]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Thank you for giving the TRUE and CORRECT answer to this question!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You can use a verizon iphone 4 on straight talk... the reps there many times just don't want you to know you can. Most of these workers know very little about what can or can;t be activated. They know very little... PERIOD. They would rather you sign a contract with verizon, at&t, Us Cellular than choose prepaid. They must get extra for those contracts. :( I was told I couldn't activate my iphone 4 on straight talk by a Walmart Connection Center Worker ... but I did- I was told phone would not work right... well it does!!

Rickmcolorado

Honorable
Dec 22, 2013

I have an iPhone 4 that was on Verizon, but now not active. How would I get it activated on Straight Talk? I live in Colorado.

FLislandgirl

Honorable
Feb 2, 2014

So Foxrida911 I hope I am understanding you completely. My iphone 4 contract with Verizon is eligible for an "up-grade" in March 2014, so I am assuming my obligation to them is completed (2 yrs, and I paid them $199 for the phone).

Have heard great things about Straight Talk and would LOVE a new iphone, b u t no money for it right now. Desperate to get service that is more afforable....Verizon is starting to kill me.
I can simply sign up for a byop plan with Straight Talk get and a number for my CDMA iphone 4 and it all really works??? Sounds too good to be true.
Thanks for all your info. fran

Status
Not open for further replies.