Canadian DM: LCDs, Microchips Come from Aliens

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
miss information ??? is this guys smokignthe best da-- pot in th world or what. stephen haiwkings info comes from soemthgin that is acutaly quite ordinary common sense. our world's history books are based off teh documentation of stronger people emeting weaker peopela dn then stepping on said weaker people. it's jsut logic basics that you should be more cautious about trying to contact more advanced civilizations.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]dman3k[/nom]Here's the problem with Stephen Hawking's theory. We humans think we are so civilized that we will not destroy creatures of another planet, and, heck, we even dreamed of a "prime directive." Not saying we're Star Trek, but I'm just saying we know what's wrong and taking another land while killing its inhabitants is wrong.No, these aliens are so much more advanced than we are. Are we assuming that they're barbaric? Why can't they also be more civilized? Is humility, understanding, and civility only a human philosophy?That's why Stephen Hawkings is wrong.[/citation]

history is ful of "civilized people screwing over the "uncivilized" .

ma701apm

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
Maybe Prof. Hawkings view is a little bit biased cos he's disabled and a bit paranoid.
Wouldn't it take more energy for aliens to get here than they would find, unless they scooped up a solar flare or something on the way through?
I've seen a UFO with about 5-10 other people, the aliens had lunch at Eastwell Manor, flew over to us and we were a bit weirded out so we walked away, then the ship f'd off to London for a bit of clubbing!

Hard Line

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2008
Who's to say that they would be looking for resources. colonization maybe, but there are so many resources throughout the universe that I would seriously doubt they would come here just for that. Also, a more advanced civilization like some already mentioned, is going to be more advanced and much less likely to be barbaric. In fact, look at the human race! if we are being visited and it is in secret, Honestly, i don't blame them... we are very barbaric as a species. Any beings with the knowledge to get here and survive fro prob millions of years as a species are more than likely not barbaric. however there could also be another race that is. honestly it could go either way. there could be "protector species and opportunistic species" not really inconceivable when you look at what we have come up with.

techguy911

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
You think we are the only life form in the universe then your nuts there billions upon billions of earth type planets in the universe.
The chances that there are none is like saying the earth is flat and the sun revolves around the earth.
How do you explain this?:
image3333_b.jpg

Im sure they didn't have tv's 1000's of years ago.
and if Stephen Hawking says there is a chance of aliens existing they probably do.
One could say maybe aliens don't have to travel millions of light years but from alternate universes like in fringe.

LORD_ORION

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
I remember seeing a video from a shuttle once. There was a glowing orb floating around in orbit with them, and it suddenly did an evasive when a beam shot up from the planet.

I mean really, isn't it obvious? We're some science experiment.

The truly insidious thing they do it take away our psychic powers. You hear about all these stories about abductees... well, it's because they need to have their psychic abilities deactivated again.

Don't believe me? Stop eating pre-processed food (aliens are actually behind this), start exercising, and start doing image streaming and lucid dreaming.... your psychic powers will start to manifest and you'll be abducted shortly after when you get caught using them!

deck

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2008
[citation][nom]dman3k[/nom]Here's the problem with Stephen Hawking's theory. We humans think we are so civilized that we will not destroy creatures of another planet, and, heck, we even dreamed of a "prime directive." Not saying we're Star Trek, but I'm just saying we know what's wrong and taking another land while killing its inhabitants is wrong.No, these aliens are so much more advanced than we are. Are we assuming that they're barbaric? Why can't they also be more civilized? Is humility, understanding, and civility only a human philosophy?That's why Stephen Hawkings is wrong.[/citation]

Humans can't even stop from killing creatures from our own planet. This moral benevolence you speak of disappears the moment someone else has what we want. It seems reasonable to transpose that mentality to another race. That's why you are wrong.

deck

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2008
[citation][nom]hunter315[/nom]Great, their defense minister is either a crazy conspiracy theorist or just let some state secrets slip. Either way I don't think he will be staying as defense minister for too long.[/citation]

You're not to bright are you?

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
Can you imagine his friends who read this wondering if they should just avoid this topic or perhaps push him to get some professional help. Awkward...

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]kriswitak[/nom]Another reason to make fun of Canadians? I think YES.[/citation]
Did we really need more reasons though?

gilbertfh

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2009
[citation][nom]dameon51[/nom]I'm Canadian, and I'm not supposed to say anything, but yes it's true, we have alien technology. That's why our cellular networks and internet infrastructure is vastly superior to that of the US.[/citation]
I thought it was because you had aboot 3 people per cell tower :)

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]There is a third option here, so far the 2 in place are:-1) Aliens warlords want to destroy the Earth, stop beaming cable TV into the universe or they will get us2) Aliens friends have been around for thousands of years and are responsible for microwave dinners.So option 3 is?The universe is teeming intelligent life, unfortunely we don't count and they have already seen our TV shows and movies showing aliens coming to Earth and we either blow them up or dissect them, so they use our planet as an "exclusion zone" and stay the frick away! There may even be a sub-space beacon in orbit sending out a warning to avoid the dangerous, savage, hairless monkeys on the surface.[/citation]
I like your third option, seems very probable.

2zao

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2009
This is hilarious!!!

cracking up in library... lot of stern looks from other students and faculty...

well its interesting to know i own so much alien technology... (yeah right)

finchkh

Distinguished
May 4, 2010
Mr. Hellyer was the Canadian defence minister between 1963 and 1968; he's 86. Probably not the most credible source on science...

Status
Not open for further replies.