Canadian DM: LCDs, Microchips Come from Aliens

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wild9

Distinguished
May 20, 2007
So the guy has a theory on the existence of alien life and it's influence on technology in general. Then some people label him as a crank.

Think for yourself, be yourself and have the courage - as he does - to stand by your convictions without fear of persecution. The alternative is to let other people do you thinking for you..do you want that? Do you want a world full of drones, all chanting along the lines of "change is good" and "yes we can"? This was what I respected about Canada and the USA, it's one of the principal reasons I feel, for people wanting to live there in the first place.

Alas, in this day and age what respect does individuality, and freedom command? Is it not so much easier to just conform..to believe what you see in the news without question, and to put your trust in people without question? For many, that seems to be the case.

I don't find anything out-of-this world about the man's beliefs in alien lifeforms.

quantum mask

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
[citation][nom]Seeker469[/nom]this guy is pretty much on target. we have received much of our technology from superior beings (aliens) and we have shared our knowledge with them in return. we want their ability to time travel while they want our ability to live 70+ years. since they wont share everything at once, we must go into space (NASA) and experiment on our own. and since we will not share everthing with them, they abduct people to study and experiment on animals.[/citation]
That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. There's a name attached to every patent out there. We invented our own stuff. Not aliens. Just ask the patent holders. How are we supposed the share with them how to live 70+ years? Every living thing has an age limit and that's it.

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004
[citation][nom]Igot1forya[/nom]Sounds to me like a new Defense Minister position just opened up lol[/citation]

Did you even read the 5 previous comments saying that he was defence minister in 1963??? He's 86 you idiot, how much mental faculty will you still have at 86?

PLUS I get real laugh out of Americans making comments about Canadian politicians...

quantum mask

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
[citation][nom]LORD_ORION[/nom]I remember seeing a video from a shuttle once. There was a glowing orb floating around in orbit with them, and it suddenly did an evasive when a beam shot up from the planet.[/citation]
Hey! I remember that! What movie was that?

quantum mask

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
[citation][nom]LORD_ORION[/nom]The truly insidious thing they do it take away our psychic powers. You hear about all these stories about abductees... well, it's because they need to have their psychic abilities deactivated again.Don't believe me? Stop eating pre-processed food (aliens are actually behind this), start exercising, and start doing image streaming and lucid dreaming.... your psychic powers will start to manifest and you'll be abducted shortly after when you get caught using them![/citation]
C'mon, I really hope you're fooling around. If not, seek help immediately. Why in the world would they want to take away our psychic powers? (even if we did have them) You mean to tell me that all they do is wander around the earth looking for people with psychic powers just so they can take them away? Reason. . Jealousy? Spite? Hardly the qualities of an advanced race of people.

ksampanna

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
[citation][nom]kriswitak[/nom]"Former Canadian defense minister Paul Hellyer" People just don't read articles, they seem to skim these days, and then choose to make a comment to make themselves look dumb.[/citation]
Former or not, a dumbass is a dumbass.

wild9

Distinguished
May 20, 2007
Regardless of who (or what), invented this technology, I think we can all agree on the fact there's been huge change over the last few decades..

. I can still remember black and white TV sets, electronic pong games that were considered state-of-the-art at the time, and going to the movies to see Star Wars.

. I remember having to physically go to a library to do research on engineering projects, and retaining what you'd learned because you knew you were going to be tested on it. Now you just type something into a search engine and await the results.

. I remember playing with non-electronic toys at Christmas..things you had to put together, figure out rather than find the slot to put the batteries. Simple and thoughtful toys.

. I remember when the family used to cram into my Nan's house at Christmas, coming from afar to share in the joy of just being together. There was no email, no mobile services..and nobody left out at the dinner table.

. I remember when distance was earned by the amount of miles you travelled, rather than the amount of pixels between your computer's icon and the one you're talking to. In the UK the only thing we knew about others was from the TV; cheap air-travel simply wasn't available, and this was before the advent of the Internet. We even had to wait for the lag on the land line before we could get a response from loved one's overseas. Nowadays you just expect clear, quick access and think nothing of it. If you wanted to watch live TV from the States you had to go to a place called Blackpool, in Lancashire, where they had a dish on top of the Blackpool Tower that as capable of receiving signals. There were crowds..crowds of people huddled around the screens, all clambering to get the best position. What were we watching? Live Mississippi mud racing lol.

These are just random memories, I don't know if they bore you or fascinate you. I was born not that long ago but I've seen so much change in that time, and it hasn't always been easy adapting to it. The technology is I feel a blessing in some respects, a curse in others.

timjsaunders

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010
[citation][nom]lauxenburg[/nom]*Face palm*. Ahh....Just go back to making Maple Syrup.[/citation]
Maple Syrup is good and yes I have made it. It's time consuming. it's awesome how you spelled it with capital letters, respectful American.

Djhg2000

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
[citation][nom]dimar[/nom]In the news: Aliens are suing Intel, Microsoft, Apple for using their patents. Especially Apple for stealing the iphone technology :)Patents registered on the Planet Omicron Persei 8, 10 million years ago...[/citation]

This just in: Aliens are now suing the patent office for patent infringement on the patent on patent systems, also registered on the Planet Omicron Persei 8.
The patent office has decided to counter the lawsuit with the following claim "We believe the patent has been improperly issued" to which the Aliens immediately responded "We don't care".

vider

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2008
[citation][nom]wild9[/nom]So the guy has a theory on the existence of alien life and it's influence on technology in general. Then some people label him as a crank.Think for yourself, be yourself and have the courage - as he does - to stand by your convictions without fear of persecution. The alternative is to let other people do you thinking for you..do you want that? Do you want a world full of drones, all chanting along the lines of "change is good" and "yes we can"? This was what I respected about Canada and the USA, it's one of the principal reasons I feel, for people wanting to live there in the first place.Alas, in this day and age what respect does individuality, and freedom command? Is it not so much easier to just conform..to believe what you see in the news without question, and to put your trust in people without question? For many, that seems to be the case.I don't find anything out-of-this world about the man's beliefs in alien lifeforms.[/citation]

+1 !
People don't understand the basic, "We all agree to disagree". No need to judge people based on what they believe in. What one would need to do, is backup up his theory and way of thinking by supporting evidence. Facts.

SparksterH

Honorable
Apr 5, 2013
It should be noted that Hawking later retracted his views, claiming that aliens probably wouldn't be interested in Earth - if they had the technology to get here then they would be capable of creating their own resources.

And if you're not a believer:
Citizen's Hearing On Disclosure at NPC, Washington, DC April/May 2013 - in front of 5 former members of congress.
22nd April 2013 - Release of Steven Greer's Sirius film-documentary.
Wang Sichao of China's Purple Moutain observatory claims they have observed ET craft on numerous occasions.

Status
Not open for further replies.