Solved! Cannot Boot From USB and Cannot Restore, Reset, or Uninstall Updates

Oct 13, 2019
Hi,

I have been dealing with a lot of issues with my laptop recently. Primarily the integrated graphics drivers.

My computer is a Sager NP8157 (Clevo P650HS-G, 1070, i7-7770HQ, 16GB Ram, Win10)

Recently, a new issue occur, which is a CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED blue screen. I have tried restoring, resetting, and uninstalling windows updates. None of these will work with errors being displayed upon trying to use any of these features.

I wanted to try using a bootable usb to boot from to see if I could repair windows, however I have found it impossible to boot from the USB. No options in the Aptio Setup Utility or in the Windows Recovery Environment. I also cannot boot to windows at all, even in safe mode.

I read that enabling CSM can perhaps solve the issue, but when doing this the computer will boot to a black screen with the backlight flashing. I have to use the FN + D keys to reset everything to be able to get back to the Setup Utility or the WinRE.

I have no clue what to do anymore, help would be greatly appreciated.

PS: I have noticed my setup utility seems to be missing some features that I have seen in others setup utilities while doing research on the issue. For an example, I don't have an option to add new boot devices.

Solution
Hi,

I have been dealing with a lot of issues with my laptop recently. Primarily the integrated graphics drivers.

My computer is a Sager NP8157 (Clevo P650HS-G, 1070, i7-7770HQ, 16GB Ram, Win10)

Recently, a new issue occur, which is a CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED blue screen. I have tried restoring, resetting, and uninstalling windows updates. None of these will work with errors being displayed upon trying to use any of these features.

I wanted to try using a bootable usb to boot from to see if I could repair windows, however I have found it impossible to boot from the USB. No options in the Aptio Setup Utility or in the Windows Recovery Environment. I also cannot boot to windows at all, even in safe mode.

I read that enabling CSM can...

Deciplox

Great
Dec 8, 2020
Hi,

I read that enabling CSM can perhaps solve the issue, but when doing this the computer will boot to a black screen with the backlight flashing. I have to use the FN + D keys to reset everything to be able to get back to the Setup Utility or the WinRE.

I have no clue what to do anymore, help would be greatly appreciated.

PS: I have noticed my setup utility seems to be missing some features that I have seen in others setup utilities while doing research on the issue. For an example, I don't have an option to add new boot devices.

If its windows 10, you should be able hit esc whilst rebooting, this will give you a list, from there select boot options.

if this fails

Try booting into your bios, set bios password and enable legacy support (this should disable secureboot), save the settings and reboot.
DO NOT click anything whilst rebooting as a screen will appear with a password, just retype what you see on the screen and hit enter.

Let me know how it goes.

thanks

Solution