Cannot change part of an array when sorting

indyitguy

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
I have a workbook I'm using to track a super bowl prop pool. 5 worksheets contain all of the data and one worksheet contains a leaderboard and a place to select the correct answers to the questions. I pull the leaderboard in by (=transpose(named range)). The leaderboard consists of 3 columns, name, total points, and tie breaker (total score of the SB). If I try to sort by total points I get a "Cannot change part of an array" error. Is there a way to sort that leaderboard? Preferably each time it's updated but a sort button will be fine too.

Entomber

Estimable
Apr 21, 2014
MS Access should be part of the Office suite, and it binds data points together so they can be sorted and searched. You can then link the Access database to an Excel spreadsheet if you so wish...

indyitguy

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
Yea I know Access is in the Office Suite and I really need to start getting into it when I go this deep into excel... lol I already have this setup and ready to go, all it needs to do is sort the leaderboard.

indyitguy

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
Gotcha... So what would be the best way to get started on getting everything moved to Access? It's really not that much data, People that are playing, their picks (30 questions), and their Tie Breaker pick (total score of the SB).

Entomber

Estimable
Apr 21, 2014
I don't have Access 2007, but you should be able to open a new blank database in Access, and import the data straight from an Excel file. Make sure you set the key in the master database to the player's name so that all of the other fields are then bound by the player name.