cannot connect to new router from my laptop whereas other devices in house can

Mar 24, 2018
Sorry if this has been posted before. I have just had a new broadband router (ASUS VDSL/ADSL Modem Router DSL-N16 Wireless-N300) provided by Origin. We have previously been connected to a mobile Vodaphone device without any problem.

After installing the router, I could (still can't) connect to the Origin router on my network list from my laptop (HP Pavilion running Windows 8). However My wife's Lenovo 2 in 1 computer and my phone can connect to it. I've tried restarting the router, my laptop, all with the same result....any ideas as to how to resolve this?

Mar 25, 2018

It's a bout 4 years old but has never had any problem connecting to a network

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Laptop Tech Support 1
W Laptop Tech Support 3
N Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 2
R Laptop Tech Support 2
J Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 1
jkmolddesign Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 2
L Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
E Laptop Tech Support 2
J Laptop Tech Support 2
IzzySpringbolt Laptop Tech Support 2
Z Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 8
Similar threads
Laptop windows 10 wifi cant connect router,its connect mobile hots pot but cant connect any router.
Laptop connected to router not getting internet, but other devices connected does
Slow WiFi but only on Laptop, perfect on other devices
My HP laptop suddenly does not accept wifi connection. Xfinity checked router and everything OK> Works on my Tablet and Androi
Looking for solution to wifi lost connections due to laptop
Can I get my laptop to communicate to my bluray player through the wireless router that connects them to the internet?
Laptop connects fine with phone hotspot but won't connect with wifi from router
My laptop is not connecting to the net despite the router working.
After working for months, my laptop now connects to my router but has no internet access. At least 6 other devices in our hous
Laptop not connecting to internet
the icon on my window of laptop says that the no connections available although the router is on and connected on my phone, no
When I connect my new laptop to the router, the Internet goes out on the router after a few minutes of use
How to connect laptop and desk to with ethernet cable
Asus laptop wifi not connecting with Pace/AT&T router
Printer not connecting with laptop
internet connection is bad
New laptop doesn't like my Internet... but only MY Internet
just purchased new toshiba c5300 laptop, trying to connect to the router, where is the required security code? Yes, I'm a dumm
DELL Laptop Inspiron 15R cannot receive WIFI internet connection
Laptop not connecting to WiFi

ASK THE COMMUNITY