cannot get amazon prime on my samsung smart tv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution

I recently had this problem - here's what I did: I contacted my ISP (Google Fiber) and they told me that sometimes when companies like Amazon Video or Netflix update their apps customers might need to empty the memory cache on their TVs in order for the updated app to work. They said to unplug my TV for at least 30 seconds; then, plug it back in and hold down the power button for about 20 seconds. This cleared the TVs cache and Amazon Prime Video started working again. Hope this helps!

RealBeast

Distinguished
Did you try doing anything with the TV controls, like press the Smart Hub button on your TV remote, select Samsung Apps from the menu, and then select Prime Video?

Also check out the information HERE from Amazon on enabling Prime on various devices including TVs.

mcilmoyleroots

Prominent
Jan 14, 2018

I recently had this problem - here's what I did: I contacted my ISP (Google Fiber) and they told me that sometimes when companies like Amazon Video or Netflix update their apps customers might need to empty the memory cache on their TVs in order for the updated app to work. They said to unplug my TV for at least 30 seconds; then, plug it back in and hold down the power button for about 20 seconds. This cleared the TVs cache and Amazon Prime Video started working again. Hope this helps!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.