Solved! Cannot link bluetooth headphones

Nov 4, 2018
I'm trying to pair a set of Bluetooth headphones with a Lenovo tablet m/n A7600-f. I keep getting the message. (could not pair with 1H1PBTEI because of incorrect pin or passkey) The headphones link ok with my other Lenovo tablet.

Solution
Is there anything else different on the tablets? Different apps or different settings? This can also mess with the connection.

You may also want to try removing the device from the tablet, turn off bluetooth, restart the tablet (turn it off and back on) and then try again.

Next I would try connecting the bluetooth that isn't working with this tablet with the other tablet. See if it works fine. This way you can narrow down if it is the tablet or the other device. You may also want to try the other device with the other tablet.

Should none of this work, which alas can happen, then you are looking at either a "Hard Reset" of the tablet, or require a tech look a the device.
Nov 4, 2018
Many thanks for your reply. I have two identical Lenovo tablets, one connects ok the other does not. The one that will connect does not ask for a password. In fact there is no place to enter a password it just connects straight away. Also I have tried different Bluetooth headsets and get the same result.

Is there anything else different on the tablets? Different apps or different settings? This can also mess with the connection.

You may also want to try removing the device from the tablet, turn off bluetooth, restart the tablet (turn it off and back on) and then try again.

Next I would try connecting the bluetooth that isn't working with this tablet with the other tablet. See if it works fine. This way you can narrow down if it is the tablet or the other device. You may also want to try the other device with the other tablet.

Should none of this work, which alas can happen, then you are looking at either a "Hard Reset" of the tablet, or require a tech look a the device.

Solution
Nov 4, 2018
Hi, Many thanks for getting back to me. I have already tried all of your suggestions with regards swopping Bluetooth headphones with either tablet plus using the ones that don't work on the other tablet and swop with mine, still no joy. The only other thing you have suggested which I haven't tried is deleting some of the programmes from the other tablet. It looks like a hard reset, which is a shame. Once again, many thanks.