Cannot open a PDF on IE

kwal1

Honorable
Jun 19, 2013
I cannot open a PDF document on internet explorer, the settings in adobe reader are set properly and when i go into internet options then programs, the adobe extension is also set to view PDF documents.Ive also restored and reset internet settings. I cant think of anything else.

The error says - A microsoft SharePoint foundation compatible application could not be found to edit the document.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated, thanks.

Solution
What version of Windows? You may need to reset your File Associations in Windows so it knows that PDF files are associated with your installed version of Acrobat Reader.
Another thing you can try is to toggle the settings in Acrobat. In Internet Options, uncheck "Display PDF in Browser" then exit, start Acrobat again, and recheck "Display PDF in Browser."

Onus

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
What version of Windows? You may need to reset your File Associations in Windows so it knows that PDF files are associated with your installed version of Acrobat Reader.
Another thing you can try is to toggle the settings in Acrobat. In Internet Options, uncheck "Display PDF in Browser" then exit, start Acrobat again, and recheck "Display PDF in Browser."

Solution

kwal1

Honorable
Jun 19, 2013

I'll try resetting the file associations and i'll try toggling. Thanks