Cannot type some keys

dawez

Honorable
Jul 2, 2012
Hi all,

I have a Acer 290 TM Laptop which is working but has a problem with the keyboard. Some keys in a line "m,klop" and the the FN keys above are not working.

It seems however that bending a bit the laptop motherboard or pushing it nearby the video card is fixing the problem. I assume that there is then a faulty connection somewhere. It is not a problem with the keyboard so cannot be fixed just by putting a new keyboard.

Probably it can be fixed just by re-soldering some lines, but how can I find the specific point of failure ?

Any answer/tip highly appreciated.

dawez

Honorable
Jul 2, 2012
hi hang-the-9,

The problem I assume is somewhere on the MB as when I press in certain part of the MB then the keys are starting to work again. The keyboard is completely OK when you find the golden push point.

Note that I disassembled completely the MB so I am NOT just pushing on the case which can twist the keyboard flat cable or connectors.

Anyone faced something similar in some other or the same laptop ? Otherwise I would end up using a bluetooth keyboard but I would like to use the one that is in place :)