Canon 80D vs Sony a6300 or others under $1200

papi1248

Commendable
Jun 26, 2016
Hi, I am a really beginner in photography. I take pics here and there with my galaxy s8 and some images are really beautiful with hdr. So I want to get into photography. I am IT industry so I know more about computers and networking than photography. But I do want to get into photography as a hobby. I am also going to bangladesh to visit in a few days, so I want to get a camera before then and while the sales of black Friday are still there. My budget is around $1000 and at most $1200 I can go up to if needed. My friend recommended me to get the Sony a6300 but it's hard to choose between that and the Canon 80d. I looked at the other cameras a bit but as I researched I have found these two cameras pop up a lot. I like doing landscape shots, and small object/flower shots and even animals soemtimes and portrait as well. Also I do a bit YouTube videos like instructional IT or gaming related videos, it's not too big but I would like a camera that does have video functionality tahts better than my phone. But photography is my most important thing. So what camera+lenses do you recommend I get.

cin19

Distinguished
I am also going to bangladesh to visit in a few days, so I want to get a camera before then and while the sales of black Friday are still there. My budget is around $1000 and at most $1200 I can go up to if needed.
When you read this I think you may buy the camera already.

For you budget, get the canon 80D, because the mirrorless system lenses are more expensive.