Can't access browser/install browsers. Tells me "Properties are Missing"?

Imnotwaynebrady

Honorable
Dec 6, 2013
Not really sure where to post this since it's a browser problem and may not be an anti-virus problem.

Yesterday I was using Google Chrome when all of a sudden, 50% of the time pages kept loading up as "Aw Snap" and couldn't load. This morning the pages that show up as Aw Snap are 100% and can't be fixed by reload. Tried to disable Anti Virus/Firewall and nothing worked.

After I tried to install Mozilla and it told me that "Properties were Missing". Tried to install Opera and samething. Tried to uninstall Chrome and.. same exact thing. Internet Explorer was the only one that worked and I tried searching solutions on that browser.

Now I restarted my computer and I can't even get Internet Explorer to start up. I'm on a 2nd computer right now typing this question out. What's going on? I have 300gbs left on my main drive, I didn't venture outside any websites I normally go to, I always have my firewalls/anti-virus and pop-up blocker on so nothing intrusive ever gets in. Please help

Solution
Sounds like it could be a browser hijacker. You most likely have malware on your computer and it has to be cleaned up. That is part of what I do for a living and I recommend that you either post on a reputable forum that will help you or take it to a local reputable computer shop. I would not recommend chain stores as they tend to charge more and you do not get the service you would with a "mom and pop" local pc store. Good luck.

peterracine

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011
Sounds like it could be a browser hijacker. You most likely have malware on your computer and it has to be cleaned up. That is part of what I do for a living and I recommend that you either post on a reputable forum that will help you or take it to a local reputable computer shop. I would not recommend chain stores as they tend to charge more and you do not get the service you would with a "mom and pop" local pc store. Good luck.

Solution