Can't Access Paypal

Spot_the_Samurai

Honorable
Nov 22, 2013
Hey,

Not sure whether this is the right category, so if not, sorry.

Anyway, I've been trying to use Paypal to buy games off Steam but cannot connect to Paypal.
I've tried on multiple computers, multiple browsers, cleared cache, cookies, SSL cache and gone to Command Prompt and put in ipconfig /flushdns.

Still, the only thing I can connect to Paypal with is my phone (using the same network).

So it isn't an issue with my internet. It isn't an issue with the website itself, although surely they must have changed something for it to stop working on all of the three computers I've tried it on. Any ideas? I'm trying not to miss out on the Steam Summer Sale.

EDIT: I've now also tried Firefox safe mode and have checked my hosts file to check that I wasn't being redirected.

EDIT #2: Tried checking the connection through Command Prompt, ping paypal.com, all four packets timed out.

EDIT #3: The message Chrome gives is "The server at www.paypal.com can't be found because the DNS look-up failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website's name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing Google Chrome from accessing the network."

Spot_the_Samurai

Honorable
Nov 22, 2013

Tried calling Paypal. Some guy on the other side of the planet said that he can go on the website fine and that they've received no complaints about their website so he couldn't help me.

Danial Howe

Estimable
Dec 21, 2014
im American and living in phillipines. same thing happening to me. been EASILY 2 weeks. no access via phone or multiple computers or ips. tried coffee shops, computer stores...NOTHING!

Poohh Bear

Estimable
Dec 22, 2014
Since you got timeout at Dos prompt, that means paypal url is blocked. You need to call your ISP to rectify it for you.
I just did and after few minutes, I was able to access the paypal website.

Rosemar945

Estimable
Jun 17, 2015
This happens when you are at 80% or higher of your monthly usage with your ISP. You need to acknowledge your usage and any extra charges you may incur if you go over 100% usage. A screen for this is supposed to pop up but doesn't always.