Can't adjust screen brightness, can't do system recovery, can't install programs.

Juan_Samuel

Prominent
Jun 17, 2017
Hi guys,
I have multiple problems with my laptop (hp). For example: I can't adjust de screen brightness, I can't install programs, I can't do system recovery, shut down the pc takes way longer as it takes normally. But the weird thing about these problems is that, it all starts after a few minutes. First my pc works very well, but after like 5 minutes all the problems begin. Please give me a solution because this is really annoying.
Thanks!

Solution
1. Boot into safe mode and see how it performs.
2. While in safe mode open command prompt and type "chkdsk" without quotes, windows will check for errors in file system. If it does find errors it will ask you like to schedule a check and repair on reboot. You prompted with pressing letter Y or letter N to schedule a check and repair or refuse.
3. Its possible you have a serious virus infection thus step 2 should be performed only after removing viruses in your case by tool that can be loaded on USB and booted from this USB thus no need to boot into windows and install since you can't install or run anything while I'm windows. Avast and Avg have some of these tools for free so check their website.

zer0c007

Notable
Jun 10, 2017
1. Boot into safe mode and see how it performs.
2. While in safe mode open command prompt and type "chkdsk" without quotes, windows will check for errors in file system. If it does find errors it will ask you like to schedule a check and repair on reboot. You prompted with pressing letter Y or letter N to schedule a check and repair or refuse.
3. Its possible you have a serious virus infection thus step 2 should be performed only after removing viruses in your case by tool that can be loaded on USB and booted from this USB thus no need to boot into windows and install since you can't install or run anything while I'm windows. Avast and Avg have some of these tools for free so check their website.

Solution

SomeRandomGuy12321

Prominent
Jun 15, 2017

Save all your files on external memory or cloud. Go to hard reset.