Cant change led strip and led fans individually

jorick9

Prominent
Dec 21, 2017
I just bought NZXT Hue+ and 3 of their Aer P RGB fans. When I change a part of the led strip, it automatically changes the color of a certain part of a fan. So for example I cant have all of the fans red and the whole led strip white. Is it meant to be like that? Or is there a way to change them individually?

Im using CAM v3.5.30

Solution
I solved it! :D I downloaded an older version of CAM (3.3.5) and I applied a custom lightning effect only to the fans, and a preset effect only to the leds. This way I can make a custom effect which only applies to the fans, and use some preset effects like wave to the leds. I think I just didnt figure out how to do it on the newer software which has a new layout. However, Id reccomend to anyone with a hue+ to use a different usb cable than the one included because it has some problems getting detected with the original one for me. (I have seen others with the same problem)
Please check the following linked website:

http://blog.nzxt.com/2017/07/answers-to-common-questions-about-nzxt-rgb-products/

Note the following:

"You cannot mix and match LED strips and Aer RGB fans on the same channel"

Take a look at the channels being used.

jorick9

Prominent
Dec 21, 2017

The Hue+ has got 2 channels. Im using channel 1 for the fans and 2 for the led strip. So im not mixing led strips and fans on the same channel.

My point is, I want the whole led strip one static color, same for the fans but a different color. But when I change the color of a part of the led strip it also changes the color of a part of a fan. However I havent seen people do that so I dont think its possible. :/
Thanks for your answer tough :D

You are welcome. However, still worth pursuing, I think. Not willing to throw in the towel quite yet....

Scroll down the link I provided and you find the following forum exchange:

Beginning with:

the12player • a month ago

Hi! Just bought the NZXT Hue+ with the led strips + some AER RGB fans, I have a question. All my leds are connected to the Channel 1, and all my fans are connected to the Channel 2, for a strange reason, when I control my colors in my fans channel, automatically changes the colors on my LEDS aswell, is this a known bug or is an issue with the Channels on my HUE? All being setup through the CAM software under the "CUSTOM" tab.
Cheers!

IVANZXT the12player • a month ago
Hey there, is the "sync" function enabled?

Etc. -- scrolling down.

Question does not seem to be resolved per se but the issue seems to be the same.

Found quite a number of "how to videos" - you may find one that shows you what is necessary.

And I did note that a second Hue+ can be installed (there is a video).

jorick9

Prominent
Dec 21, 2017

Ill keep an eye on that post thanks! I dont really feel like spending another 60$ for a Hue+ just to control the fans and strip individually.
Im wondering, is it even a bug? Or is it meant to be like this?

Btw I dont have the Sync option enabled.

Edit:
Going to try using a different usb cable from hue+ unit to mb tomorrow

jorick9

Prominent
Dec 21, 2017
I solved it! :D I downloaded an older version of CAM (3.3.5) and I applied a custom lightning effect only to the fans, and a preset effect only to the leds. This way I can make a custom effect which only applies to the fans, and use some preset effects like wave to the leds. I think I just didnt figure out how to do it on the newer software which has a new layout. However, Id reccomend to anyone with a hue+ to use a different usb cable than the one included because it has some problems getting detected with the original one for me. (I have seen others with the same problem)

Solution