Solved! Can't choose between microphones

Nov 15, 2018
Hello. I have a problem on my laptop. I cannot choose between the microphone (well, as well as the speakers) I am using. In the Sounds panel it always sees just Realtek High Definition Audio microphone or speakers, using the headphones if I have them plugged in or the laptop's if they aren't. The problem is that headphone's mic is broken so I'd wish to use the one from the laptop, but I cannot since I have only one jack and sees only the headset microphone. Also the same problem in the realtek audio software.

Solution
You should be able to turn off the microphone in "Control Panel".

Try this...

1. Go to "Control Panel".
2. Click on "Sound".
3. Click the "Recording" tab.
4. Right click on the device you are trying to fix and turn it off/deactivate it.
5. Or right click on the laptops microphone (which should be listed separately) and make it the default, even when the headphones are connected.
You should be able to turn off the microphone in "Control Panel".

Try this...

1. Go to "Control Panel".
2. Click on "Sound".
3. Click the "Recording" tab.
4. Right click on the device you are trying to fix and turn it off/deactivate it.
5. Or right click on the laptops microphone (which should be listed separately) and make it the default, even when the headphones are connected.

Solution

AroStewart

Estimable
Apr 17, 2015
You can use your headphones as a source of output for sound and your computer mic as a sorce for input. Go to the sound icon at the bottom right side, click on sound, and the option should be available.

TRENDING THREADS