Solved! Can't clean install Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

donio3d

Prominent
Feb 5, 2018
Hello everyone, it's my first post here.

I've got laptop from my friend. Windows was unable to boot, so i simply tried to do clean install. And here is the problem.

Windows 10 couldn't complete install, stuck on installing updates, then i have got several errors. Like: "cannot do changes in register" "can't format disk" etc.

So i though it can be a problem with HDD. I also tried Win7, same problem or stuck on second stage of clean install.

I deleted every partition then created big one and tried to format it - no problem, but problem exist in installing.

So i went into command prompt, used diskpart to clean disk, make partition and format it to ntfs.

It was stuck about hour on 2% then crashed. Another time on 10%.

I just want to be sure, it is problem with HDD? Will new one help with it?

By the way, Windows installation sometimes booting up about half hour, sometimes not. Also laptop is working without battery, only on connected cable.

It just looks like crashes are in different moments of installation.

Im booting from USB.

I will be grateful for every reply. I think it's HDD problem, but i want to be sure.

Im also sorry for my bad English.

Solution
So are you booting from the USB or trying to run installer inside windows?

One way to avoid the updates is to not have PC attached to internet when you install it.

often errors involving installing win 10 are ram related, try downloading memtest96 and use it to make a bootable USB and test each stick of ram, 1 at a time. Any errors higher than 0 are too many and are likely to be cause of the problems.

It might be the hdd, can you put it in another PC and run hdtune on it? check the health tab and see its SMART score

Colif

Distinguished
So are you booting from the USB or trying to run installer inside windows?

One way to avoid the updates is to not have PC attached to internet when you install it.

often errors involving installing win 10 are ram related, try downloading memtest96 and use it to make a bootable USB and test each stick of ram, 1 at a time. Any errors higher than 0 are too many and are likely to be cause of the problems.

It might be the hdd, can you put it in another PC and run hdtune on it? check the health tab and see its SMART score

Solution

donio3d

Prominent
Feb 5, 2018
Im booting from USB. I can't from windows installer because system is not starting up. Anyway, HDD is clean now, because i deleted partition.

I probably will be able to connect it to Desktop PC and try installing on it.

Ethernet didn't connected to laptop.

I will post later with memtest and hdtune results.

SkyNetRising

Estimable
Jan 4, 2016

Diagnose HDD of your laptop.
Connect it to a desktop pc, run HDtune health and post screenshot.

donio3d

Prominent
Feb 5, 2018
Memtest is okey, no errors.

I probably dont have to post screenshot from HD Tune, there is more than 50% disc damaged. Thanks everyone for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.