can't connect with Huawei 5330 mifi

Tony Lock

Commendable
May 6, 2016
no amount of advice has resolved a problem I'm having trying to connect to the internet via a lefrenchmobile data SIM. In the UK I had no problems using an EE data SIM bought from a supermarket for 0.99pence. Again no problem connecting in France using an Orange data sim - just one phone call by the sales asst. and that was it!.
With LFM SIM card, its been a nightmare from start to finish.
They tell me I need to alter apn settings(impossible everything is preset & impossible to log into web management page)
There must be someone out there who knows the answer - I've given up trying LFM customer service!

Solution
OK I have to ask, why is it impossible to log into change the settings?

You should be able to add a different profile. You can then set it as default for the time you are connecting with this sim card.

You would then need to log into the device, and configure the new APN settings for the new provider.

You can leave the WiFi settings as they are on your device, as you are still connecting to the same device.

This is the only way I can think of to make it work with that particular provider.
OK I have to ask, why is it impossible to log into change the settings?

You should be able to add a different profile. You can then set it as default for the time you are connecting with this sim card.

You would then need to log into the device, and configure the new APN settings for the new provider.

You can leave the WiFi settings as they are on your device, as you are still connecting to the same device.

This is the only way I can think of to make it work with that particular provider.

Solution

Tony Lock

Commendable
May 6, 2016

Tony Lock

Commendable
May 6, 2016
Appreciate the reply - however this is the problem!. I cant find any way of entering a new profile or apn's etc. The current settings for LFM are all preset so I can't change them.LFM have advised putting their sim in my cellphone and try connecting - my phone is a basic samsung clam phone and wont give me the options required?

Ok so this is not a smart phone? That would explain why this isn't working for you then. That is for an Android, which is what this forum is for. If your phone is not an android phone what they are telling you to do would not be possible.

Did you tell the provider that the phone wasn't an android? I ask because they may have made the assumption that it was.

If that is the case, it sounds like someone on their end isn't setting things up correctly. When then only they would have the info to fix it.

However, if your phone is an android (although assuming it isn't due to being a flip phone) then they need to get you different information, or they need to get you the funds back so you can get a card through a company that does work.

In the case of a non-android, there isn't much more I could help with.