Can't copy files to "Obb'' folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

venom0706

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012
When I try to install game files from my PC to my Galaxy S4 Mini, it shows an error during the copying to the folder "Obb", everytime by the end of the copying.When I copy the files to the other folder ("Data") everything is fine.When I copy the files from "Data" to "Obb" from my smartphone, everything is again ok.Any suggestions what the problem might be?Thank you.

baburajiv2007

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2010

Many users on 4.2 reported the same problem. Must be write protection.
Since you're able to copy it with your phone, no need to panic.

Just use your phone to do the job for you. ;)

Regards.

Fernando Pieters

Honorable
Oct 19, 2013

Dear Venom,
No need to worry, i have the samsung note 10,1 2014 edition and i have the same problem,
well i had the same problem.
Solution: copy the obb file in, from your computer to the ROOT of your Phone/Tablet
than get the Phone/Tablet en go to folders, there select the OBB Folder/File en pres Replace! then brouwse to the folder Android Then folder obb, and there you click place here.
now i will work!!! No root neded.
Sorry for my bad enlisch
Greetings Fernando Pieters

venom0706

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012

Thanks, but can you please explain more clear?

etseleste

Honorable
Nov 10, 2013
Hi venom

I encountered the same problem as well. The folder seems to be write protected. I am using Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 and I believed I understood Fernando's method coz it worked for me. Initially I installed the apk files and then tried in vain to copy the obb folder to the "android/obb" folder. How it works for me was that I copied the obb files to any other folder from my PC. Then using the internal android file management (eg for samsung it is My File), i copied the file/folder of the obb and paste it at the intended folder of the android/obb. It worked for me.

andy06

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014
Hey just found a way to copy to the obb folder.

* First you copy the file from your pc into the downloads folder on your phone...
* Disconnect USB from phone...
*Copy files on the phone to the obb folder(do not move file. ### COPY###, you will get an error if you try to move)

For some reason this works......

sameer007

Honorable
Feb 7, 2014

Nick31

Estimable
Mar 24, 2014

HEY THIS DID NOT WORK FOR ME PLS HELP ME PLS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.