Can't decide which tv to buy

jimbojango

Honorable
Jun 7, 2013
Hi,

Apologies that this question has probably been done to death but I need some advice on which tv to buy. I've been trying to do research but don't know which technology's are best. Plasma or LED? If LED is backlit, edge lit or direct lit better? Very confused.

I have a budget of probably about £600 might be able to push a little more but ideally looking for great quality for gaming as well as tv/film for the best price possible. I'm not interested in 3D or smart TV's. 3 HMDI's would be nice but most seem to be 2 which is fine as that's what I have now and looking for 50" - 60" (60" might be a bit much to be fair).

I don't know a lot about this ARC technology but if it makes a soundbar work better than that's a plus.

Anyone out there have any recommendations for a tv that fits the bill that they may have bought themselves or know to be good?

Thanks very much!

Solution
Myself and both of my brothers use Sony TV's for video and gaming. Just look for one with the best response time that you can get for the money. If the response time is high you will get ghosting.

sincreator

Distinguished
May 27, 2009
Myself and both of my brothers use Sony TV's for video and gaming. Just look for one with the best response time that you can get for the money. If the response time is high you will get ghosting.

Solution
G

I like my Samsung Smart TV, but they can be a bit expensive. A good refresh rate is a must IMO and for my needs, media streaming as well. I wanted to get a TV similar to my Samsung Smart TV and found a Philips at Walmart that allowed media streaming via USB with an external hard drive. The picture is fine on it, but sound not so much. It was less then $500 though and was a decent size.

TRENDING THREADS