Solved! cant delete Sophos after trial ended

mysunshines

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2003
I tried Sophos antivirus and firewall on a 1 month trial.

After the trial was finished I tried to uninstall it but it asks for the password , when i put in my password it wont recognise it as the 1 month trial has finished and it wont allow the use of the password for removal .

I tried deleting the folders manually but of course it blocks me from doing that too.

I contacted sophos support but they were arrogant obnoxious and unhelpful , they just told me to reset the password but of course their site wont allow it as the trial has finished.

I tried to run Sophos diagnostic utility but it says "could not create log directory - you do not have write permissions"

I have tried revo-uninstaller but there is still sophos files on the comp.

I also tried Eset AV removal tool but that cant even see sophos.

Is there software i can use to erase it without reformatting my entire drive ?

How can i delete this garbage ?

D

Deleted member 217926

MERGED QUESTION
Question from mysunshines : "cant delete Sophos after trial ended"

mysunshines

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2003

Windows 7

and i cant back up data because sophos is blocking me with messages about not having write permissions.

i have valuable data and emails in thunderbird that i need for legal reasons so i would REALLY like to delete Sophos and recover control so i can back up.

:)

mysunshines

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2003

thankyou .

That looked promising , some of it did work however if trying to open services.msc > then click on Sophos > stop i found the sophos options unclickable so i couldnt turn it off.

there is however another way which is to log in to Sophos central > click devices tab at left > click on your device > click on tamper protection tab > click on tab to turn off tamper protection > reboot system > go to control panel > uninstall the program in the usual way.

This worked for me but there was still a few hundred files dormant on my system which i scanned for and deleted using Bitdefender utilities.

There seems to be thousands of people losing money from the glitches in this software , cant the US govt sue them for damages ?

BringerOfTea

Estimable
Dec 17, 2015
You read the entire terms document when you opted for the free version of an antivirus?

i had a free antivirus once with avast... bloddy sheit! Paid malwarebytes and win defender is keeping me safe!

mysunshines

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2003

The solution that worked for me is to log in to Sophos central > click devices tab at left > click on your device > click on tamper protection tab > click on tab to turn off tamper protection > reboot system > go to control panel > uninstall the program in the usual way.

I would have happily paid for it if it wasnt garbage.

At the hourly rate i charge customers , they cost me $ 2800 lost income.