Cant Find BMP files in My computer but can find them in MWsnap (screenshot program)

brendanL

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
hello, well i just took a few screenshots and i can see them in MWsnap but when i go into the file specified they're not there. when i open them in MWsnap they have a little gold padlock on the thumbnail of the photo! i am in desperate need of them for work can someone please help me!? btw i cant rescreenshot because it has been taken down... thank you! :)

Have you tried searching for the files using explorer? You could try doing a wildcard search to look for all of the .bmp files. To do this you would search using *.bmp and it will search for all of the files with the extension .bmp. I downloaded the MWSnap and saved a screenshot to a folder of my choosing. I closed the program and was able to find the file in the folder in which I had saved it and it had no padlock on it. However since you do you might want to look at this - http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-files/how-to-remove-lock-padlock-icon-from-photos-in/ef6ed259-4e59-4d2c-a90d-c9d2dbe10287 - providing you can find the screenshots you are trying to find.