Question Cant get 60hz refresh rate with my Vizio M65-E0

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 11, 2019
Hi there!

Im trying to connect my Vizio M65-E0 to my PC as a secondary screen but I get a bit of lag with image and the sound is just a bit buggy. I cant change the 30 hz refresh rate in the options of my PC or Nvidia settings.
On the vizio website it says my Tv as a 120 or 60 effective refresh rate so it should be possible, right ?
If its not, anything else I could try perhaps ?

Last edited:
Refresh rate specs for the TV are for the screen, not the inputs or what your computer can output. A lot of HDMI ports and computers can only do 4k at 30hz. See if your TV has a HDMI port labeled for 60hz and make sure your computer can output 60hz at 4k.

Another option is to lower resolution to 1080.

May 11, 2019
I used the 'best' HMDI port on my TV which is the first one but I tried 2 others as well. MY GPU is a GeForce 1080 6gig which is capable of 4K 60hz but I just found out my cable is a 1.4 HDMI. So I guess thats the only problem ? a 2.0+ is expensive since I need 30-35 ft so Id be sad if I get one and its not the only issue.

In my user manual, it says my refresh rate is 120hz but its not a real 120... could it be only 30hz? at the back of my TV close to the hdmi port it says 4K 30hz... its all pretty confusing for a tech noob like me :(

I used the 'best' HMDI port on my TV which is the first one but I tried 2 others as well. MY GPU is a GeForce 1080 6gig which is capable of 4K 60hz but I just found out my cable is a 1.4 HDMI. So I guess thats the only problem ? a 2.0+ is expensive since I need 30-35 ft so Id be sad if I get one and its not the only issue.

In my user manual, it says my refresh rate is 120hz but its not a real 120... could it be only 30hz? at the back of my TV close to the hdmi port it says 4K 30hz... its all pretty confusing for a tech noob like me :(

You just answered your own question. The port actually tell you it's 4k 30hz. You are getting 30hz at 4k, so there is no issue.

The refresh rate on the TV has nothing to do with the HDMI connection. What you have is a 60hz panel and they use tricks to make it seem like it's a 120hz for motion.

Status
Not open for further replies.