cant get amazon video on my LG smart TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
To update the firmware on your LG Smart TV:

Press the Settings button on your remote.
Go toSupport > Software Update > Check update version.
When the latest version is found, select Update.

Your TV will restart once the update is complete.

If you're having trouble with a firmware update or need additional information, the device manufacturer will be in the best position to help. You can contact LG Support at: http://www.lg.com/us/support .

Mar 16, 2018
As it turns out, even when I update MY LG "Smart TV's" firmware to the latest version (an: [LG] webOS TV UH8500 ), It's still cannot play Amazon Prime Video. Apparently LG Smart TV's operating systems are too woefully inadequate to run even common standard video players that are used in common everyday browsers. Smart TV in a pigs eye!

Apr 4, 2018

force2enty7: I believe I have the same (or similar TV) - I've done everything I could find on the internet to fix this problem: searched for updates to firmware (there were none), de-registered my prime account from the TV (now I can't re-register because I'm still getting a blank screen) and tried to re-download prime. NOTHING works. I am PISSED and my girlfriend and I had to have another "talk" about my lack of patience. I explained to her my frustration was because I AM DOING EVERYTHING I'M SUPPOSED TO and the problem persists. Does anyone have a suggestion that will resolve this? I am sick of paying for stuff that doesn't work right.

[edit by moderator for language. Please keep in mind that this is a family friendly Website. Thank you.]

Jun 11, 2018
Amazon and LG customer service have confirmed that it is an issue with new Amazon security protocols that current LG firmware on some models does not support and they could give me no timeline for rectification. I am now using a Fire stick instead. Really not OK from LG, frankly. My TV is 18 months old.

Status
Not open for further replies.