cant get OS install disk on out of warranty laptops

WINTERLORD

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2008
ok I have 2 laptops that are both fairly new but not new. they are just out of there 3-5yr warranty I called HP and I was told that because there out of warranty thgey will be of no help but I have a problem with that since they where purchased I consider the windows os mine.

on the back of each has a licenbse key for the windows OS windows 7 key.

I went to microsofts website put in the key in hopes to be able to download the media iso file, but it would not let me verify for it said this is a manufgacturs copy or somthin of that nature to contact manufacter but there of no help.

where can I get a clean legitiment disk image or iso file at to burn the win7 onto disk?

Solution

If that partition is there, that should be all you need.
Find the user manual for this thing, and look up how to invoke that factory reset function. That will bring it back to out of the box condition. Of course, this also wipes out everything that existed on it before.
You can't HP installs Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) version of windows onto their systems. That OS is tied to the motherboard and cannot be installed on any other system. You do not own the OS copy, you are merely leasing it from HP/Microsoft.

-Wolf sends

WINTERLORD

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2008
yes the recovery partitions are there, and I'm not trying to take the OS to another computer but trying to reinstall to fix the laptop. I can look at the recovery partition but I have no recovery disks none where ever made early on so not sure how the recovery would go. in fact iv never tried to reinstall a laptop so some suggestions would be great

USAFRet

Illustrious

If that partition is there, that should be all you need.
Find the user manual for this thing, and look up how to invoke that factory reset function. That will bring it back to out of the box condition. Of course, this also wipes out everything that existed on it before.

Solution