Solved! Can't get rid of virus/adware

Jun 7, 2018
Hello, I apologize in advanced for my English. Yesterday I tried to download Winrar on my mom’s laptop (Windows 10) and instead I downloaded adware/virus/malware. There was a map made in a Program Files (x86) called AddSoft. In the map there is a map pic (inside are two pictures for the icone iStripper and MyBestOffer), five internet links (BestOffer, iStripper, Offer, Offer2, Offer3) and a program wrar550. On desktop two shortcuts were made for MyBestOfferForToday and iStripper. The Bestoffer shourtcut was cleaned from desktop by the Malwarebytes but everything else stayed untouched.

So I tried cleaning it with Eset, UnHackMe, Malwarebytes, Avast but they don't detect it. When I am connected to the internet or doing anything on Chrome the computer lags and freezes. I haven’t noticed any pop-ups or site redirections. I checked the Chrome extensions and there are only two my mom uses. I also checked for any new programs to unistall in Control panel/programs but there are none. The CPU and Disk are over-working. CPU in ranging between 10 and 100%, disk between 95 and 100%. I don’t yet want to format the computer so I will be grateful for any suggestions. I have to mention that I am not that good with computers so I would appreciate more detailed answers.

There is a link of an adware incident response if by any chance it helps someone: http://

Thank you in advance!

Solution
Did you run Malwarebytes in "Safe Mode" ?

That stops a lot of viri from loading, as once loaded they can often hide themselves from scans.

If that fails, your choices are formatting the drive and starting again, or visit bleepingcomputer.com and ask them for help.

CaptainCretin

Commendable
Jul 18, 2016
Did you run Malwarebytes in "Safe Mode" ?

That stops a lot of viri from loading, as once loaded they can often hide themselves from scans.

If that fails, your choices are formatting the drive and starting again, or visit bleepingcomputer.com and ask them for help.

Solution
Jun 7, 2018

I tried running Malwarebaytes and RegRun in Safe Mode but they didn’t find anything. I will probably have to format the drive. Have to go look for information on that. Thanks :)