Solved! Cant Get Video Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClaytonComputers

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011
I have a dcr-sx45 and I recorded some videos on it. I can see them on the camera however when I try to look at them on the PC (win10) the videos are not there. This happened whenever I try connecting the camera through USB putting the Micro SD in in a card reader or directly into the the computer SD slot,
There are 2 folders
AVF_INFO which can not be opened
MP_ROOT
101PNV01
and in there is a file called USBCE). with no extension.

What am I doing wrong I have tried it on another computer as well same outcome.

Solution
Try opening Windows to show hidden files and folders and see if that opens up the folder named DCIM on the SdCard.

The method is open File Explorer>View menu>Options>Change folder and files options then on the next window, click View again and untick Hide protected system files and folders. and finally blob the radio button for "Show hidden files and folders"

Click Apply and OK your way out to see if that DCIM folder now shows up.
Try opening Windows to show hidden files and folders and see if that opens up the folder named DCIM on the SdCard.

The method is open File Explorer>View menu>Options>Change folder and files options then on the next window, click View again and untick Hide protected system files and folders. and finally blob the radio button for "Show hidden files and folders"

Click Apply and OK your way out to see if that DCIM folder now shows up.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.