Can't Hear Out of One Earbud / Speakers Don't Work Issue

AnimeLover333

Estimable
Jul 12, 2015
So, I've had this one pair of earbuds for a long time, and they work just fine. Yesterday, I could only hear audio out of one earbud when plugging them into my speakers (this is for my computer's speaker). I've tried playing with the wire and everything, but nothing works. I even swapped the pair, and the other one only hears out of one side, too (it's brand new!). I figured it was a problem with the speaker, so I unplugged it and replugged it, but still nothing. I twisted the end of the earbuds into it, and I hear sound out of the other earbud, but when I plug it in all the way, the sound goes to the other one again and it's a lost cause. Speaker connection seems to be just fine, and I can hear from the speaker without my earbuds in. Anway... does anyone know how to fix this?
Please don't use complicated words I don't understand, I'm young and this isn't my computer!
Please give me an answer before three days, as a new episode of an anime comes out in three days and I'd really love to watch some anime right now....

Solution
It sounds like the headphone jack in your computer speakers is bad. Since your speakers are working I would suggest plugging the headphones directly into your computer.
It may possible to replace the headphone jack in the speaker but probably not worth the price if you can't do it yourself.
It sounds like the headphone jack in your computer speakers is bad. Since your speakers are working I would suggest plugging the headphones directly into your computer.
It may possible to replace the headphone jack in the speaker but probably not worth the price if you can't do it yourself.

Solution