Solved! Can't install realtek audio driver

Mar 28, 2020
want to use realtek audio manager but it's missing from my pc. I don't have realtek high definition audio device under sound, video and game controllers.
what I have are:
-AMD High Definition Audio Device
-Realtek(R) Audio
I tried to install realtek audio drivers on my PC, so I uninstalled Realtek(R) Audio, but now I'm stuck in a loop where it tells me to restart my pc over and over again and just won't install. All I want is just an audio manager. Is there some way to fix this?

Solution
Ok, so I tried plugging in my earphones into the mic jack and it finally detected voice activity, but still very bad quality and the voice seems to be detected at the part where you put in your ears, not the mic. So could the reason be that I have a crappy mic and have to buy an actual headset?

Not sure what you mean about the voice being detected at the part you put in your ears, is this a microphone or a set of earbuds with a microphone? You kept saying microphone so I thought you actually meant a microphone. If you are using earbuds with a mic or a headset with a 4 pole single adapter you need to get a 4 pole to dual 3 pole adapter to use it on a computer with mic and headphone inputs.
Was this installed at some point on the computer but is missing now? You need to list your exact specs, and where did you get the drivers? You should get them from the computer/motherboard vendor site. Was sound working before you tried to mess with this?

Mar 28, 2020
Was this installed at some point on the computer but is missing now? You need to list your exact specs, and where did you get the drivers? You should get them from the computer/motherboard vendor site. Was sound working before you tried to mess with this?
I have a custom built pc. This is my motherboard https://www.gigabyte.com/nz/Motherboard/B450-AORUS-PRO-WIFI-rev-10#kf

I've tried drivers from both realtek's website and the driver I found on the motherboard's website. And both of them have the same issues which is looping when I'm trying to install them.

My sound output is working fine, the only issue is with the input. My microphone can't detect any voice activity when it's plugged in to this pc, but when I used it on my laptop it works fine. So someone suggested that I can fix it with realtek audio manager (missing from my pc), which is why I'm trying to install the driver.

Is this a separate mic or on a headset? USB or 3.5mm jack? You may actually want to list the issue you are having, what you have and how things are connected instead of just asking about the drivers. When you install the drivers for your motherboard it should come with whatever options for audio you have for the system. You started in the middle of the issue which can confuse things. Has this mic ever worked on the computer?

Mar 28, 2020
Is this a separate mic or on a headset? USB or 3.5mm jack? You may actually want to list the issue you are having, what you have and how things are connected instead of just asking about the drivers. When you install the drivers for your motherboard it should come with whatever options for audio you have for the system. You started in the middle of the issue which can confuse things. Has this mic ever worked on the computer?
I'm using 3.5mm jack. My issue is that no mic I use can detect voice activity properly, while they all work fine on my laptop. The mic can be detected by the pc and be connected, but it never picks up any voice.

Mar 28, 2020
Well to be fair this mic costed 2 dollars from aliexpress, but it still works fine on my laptop so idk if that's the reason.

I'm using 3.5mm jack. My issue is that no mic I use can detect voice activity properly, while they all work fine on my laptop. The mic can be detected by the pc and be connected, but it never picks up any voice.

OK so better info now, you tried several microphones and none work, are you trying on the motherboard ports or the front panel ones? Have you tried using both? Is the sound card in device manager with no errors? Is the default mic set to the correct input and the level is not set low on it?

Mar 28, 2020
OK so better info now, you tried several microphones and none work, are you trying on the motherboard ports or the front panel ones? Have you tried using both? Is the sound card in device manager with no errors? Is the default mic set to the correct input and the level is not set low on it?
I've tried using both the front and rear jacks and they both give the same result. And the sound card is under sound, video and game controllers in device manager right? Then it's the two I've listed in the top post

-AMD High Definition Audio Device
-Realtek(R) Audio

I've tried updating both drivers and it says they're already updated.
The mis is set to the default device and the levels are all set to highest.

Mar 28, 2020
Ok, so I tried plugging in my earphones into the mic jack and it finally detected voice activity, but still very bad quality and the voice seems to be detected at the part where you put in your ears, not the mic. So could the reason be that I have a crappy mic and have to buy an actual headset?

Not sure what you mean about the voice being detected at the part you put in your ears, is this a microphone or a set of earbuds with a microphone? You kept saying microphone so I thought you actually meant a microphone. If you are using earbuds with a mic or a headset with a 4 pole single adapter you need to get a 4 pole to dual 3 pole adapter to use it on a computer with mic and headphone inputs.

Solution