Can't install Windows 10 to MSI X370 MB, screen freezes at the Windows logo.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pvgoplayer

Prominent
Mar 27, 2017
I just built a new PC using the MSI XPower X370 Titanium MB. Using both a purchased USB stick with Windows 10, and an USB created using the MS MediaCreationTool, the PC boot up and display the Windows logo, and then freezes. The BIOS menu shows the USB stick correctly yet installation does not proceed. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Solution
Hi pvgoplayer

Did you install windows through an internal or external DVD unit?

I have the same problem than you, I have to buy a DVD unit and I prefer an external one, but since it goes through an USB port I am afraid I might have the same problem

pvgoplayer

Prominent
Mar 27, 2017
My MSI motherboard does not support Windows installation through USB devices, including USB flash, USB DVD, USB HDD etc. I ended up getting a DVD to install Windows through the internal DVD drive. Also, one of my RAM module was defective. Once I remove it, I was able to install using my DVD drive.

pvgoplayer

Prominent
Mar 27, 2017
As stated in my original post, I am using MSI XPower X370 Titanium MB. Can't use USB flash. Use DVD. Make sure your DVD drive is recognized in the BIOS, as well as all your devices, CPU, RAM etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.