Solved! Can't move some files from internal storage to sd card.

Sep 3, 2019
I have a Samsung S2 8.0 running Android 7.

When I download some folders with a mixture of mp4 and pdf files from the cloud and then try to move them from internal storage to my sd card, some of the files move and some don't. (I get a "failed to move" message). There is plenty of room on the sd card. Any idea why this is happening and what I can do to fix it?

Solution
How exactly are you trying to move them? Through a particular app? Through the file manager app?

Also, have you tried seeing if it is just a particular kind of file that won't move? Or a certain size? Some apps won't move larger apps, even if you have the space for them.

Now if it is the app using for moving, you might try connecting the tablet to a computer via USB cord and try moving them to the card through the computer and see if that works.
How exactly are you trying to move them? Through a particular app? Through the file manager app?

Also, have you tried seeing if it is just a particular kind of file that won't move? Or a certain size? Some apps won't move larger apps, even if you have the space for them.

Now if it is the app using for moving, you might try connecting the tablet to a computer via USB cord and try moving them to the card through the computer and see if that works.

Solution
Sep 3, 2019
The type of files I'm trying to move are mp4. There are numerous ones mostly the same size. Some move, some don't. I'm using File Explorer. I'm traveling and have no access to a computer. However, I moved the troublesome files from the internal drive to Google Drive and then Google Drive to the SD card and that worked. But I'd still rather just transfer them directly.

TRENDING THREADS