Solved! Can't open individual pictures.......thoughts???

Nov 25, 2018
When i click on a single picture it doesn't open but instead after 5 minute wait the whole folder of pictures open in a slide show. How do I fix this...it's annoying when wanting to share single pictures with family.

Solution
You may then want to try to go into one of the folders that is for pictures and click on "Tools" and then "Folder Options". Check the settings in all the tabs and make sure they are set how you want them. If anything in there is set to open them all, you can change it for all folders of that nature in the "View" tab.
Nov 25, 2018

I'm using the default program that comes with Windows 10, It is Photos. I've also had the same issue using Window Photos Viewer. That program doesn't play the videos though. Let me give some clarification, I have Trailcam folders that have both videos (average 4.5MB) and photos (average 300-500 KB). I just tried to open a single picture and it took 6 minutes and opened all the files in folder(both videos and photos). This has been going on for about 2 months now. Can't figure out what changed.

ASUS i7 2.4Ghz Laptop
12GB RAM
500GB Storage
Windows 10 Home Edition

Thanks for any help!

Apologies, I meant other folders with images in them. There would be folders all over the computer with images (since some are for the system). I suggest checking those as well, like say in the folder where wallpapers are, to see if it happens in those as well.

You may also want to check how the folder settings are set up for images. If this happens in the other folders as well that is. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/812003/how-to-modify-your-folder-view-settings-or-to-customize-a-folder

Nov 25, 2018
Yes this happens to all photo and videos folders. I used the link provided but it was for 2008-XP. I tried to follow the same steps within Win10 but all the settings seemed to be fine.

Thank you for sticking with me on this one!

You may then want to try to go into one of the folders that is for pictures and click on "Tools" and then "Folder Options". Check the settings in all the tabs and make sure they are set how you want them. If anything in there is set to open them all, you can change it for all folders of that nature in the "View" tab.

Solution