Can't play BLU-RAY

Storminite

Estimable
Dec 5, 2014
I cannot play Blu-Ray disc's on my Windows 7 laptop. I got a program to play them but it doesn't work either. I contacted the program and they had me check out a bunch of stuff. In the end they said I had to go to Intel Support and get a display/VGA and audio driver. I did that and Intel had me download some drivers but they would not "take". HELP!!

Thanks for the e-mail. :) My comp is a Dell, Windows 7, 64-bit. The program I am trying is "CyberLink Power DVD" as Blu-Ray doesn't work on my Windows 7. They are the ones that told me I needed those drivers etc. If I can help more just let me know. Thanks so much!

Storminite

Estimable
Dec 5, 2014

No, that's the problem. I don't have anything that will play a Blu-Ray disc on my laptop. That is why I am trying Cyberlink Power DVD 14. This is what they told me. "In regards to your concern for PowerDVD 14 Ultra Blu-ray playback issue, I would like to inform you that that I have checked your dxdiag log file and found that you are using Intel(R) HD Graphics drivers date: 1/10/2012 for audio 11/20/2010.

I would request you to please update your display / VGA and audio drivers on your computer and in this regard you may contact your computer manufacturer or the display / VGA card manufacturer to provide you the updated drivers for your computer." So I did that, but, not being any kind of a computer "Pro", I either misunderstood what Intel was about and picked the wrong thing or I did something wrong. For one thing I could not find a display/VGA anything so here I am, still stuck. (Oh yes, I tried Daum Potplayer also. Same thing. Thanks again so much for working with me.