Status
Not open for further replies.

ramx gentel

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
Hello,
Hi, I can’t save any AutoCAD drawings, when i push the save button or file->save (or save as) the AutoCAD writs on the command bar and do nothing, it seems like a virus on the AutoCAD program. I have AutoCAD 2010 and win 7
any ideas how i can delete the virus from the AutoCAD?

JordoR

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
Yes, this happens from time to time and while I do not know the cause of the problem I can offer a solution.

In the command line type "FILEDIA" and set it to 1. This will allow the prompt to come up again instead of showing up in the command line. If it happens again I might suggest setting it to 1, and then saving your profile or workspace so it defaults in the future.

mrmaia

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011

Autocad does not get affected by viruses as long as I know. When you say "do nothing", do you mean it doesn't show the dialog but saves the file or does not save anything at all?

If the file is saved sucessfully, do the FILEDIA JordoR told you. It's a system variable that controls the display of the open/save/save as FILE DIAlog - when set to 1 a dialog is shown and when 0 a prompt at the command line is chosen - and that prompt won't accept copy-pasting, so set the FILEDIA to 1.

If it does not save at all, make sure that the file is not in a temporary folder (which is common if you just open email attachments), or a removable drive (or server) which has been removed (or shut off) and if anyone else is using the file or not. If you're sure, try reinstalling the application - damages registry entries can mess up with your ACAD.

Hope it helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.