Cant send email from Exchange Active Sync.

jeff-j

Honorable
Dec 13, 2013
37
0
10,590
2
Hello,

I am setting up exchange active sync on a android cell phone. I am able to connect to the exchange server, and and to see the inbox along with getting new emails, and have my contacts and calendars sync up, but I am not able to send any emails. The emails just sit in the outbox, and I get no error message. This is happening for all users, I tried on 2 different android phones and none of them can send email. This is a new exchange server that has only been running for about a week. Outlook web mail works fine, my web address for my exchange server is pointing to the right address. I was also able to run a successful exchange active sync test with the Microsoft remote connective analyzer website, using a test account I created. But I cant send any emails still. I don't know if this is something on the phones, or on the exchange server, or the firewall needs a port opened, or if it is ATT is blocking something,

Here is my server info
Windows SBS 2011 x64
Exchange 2010

Cell Phones
Samsung G3 running 4.3 on Sprint
Motorola Ultra running 4.4 on Verizon.

I was also able to rule out the cell carrier because it is happening on both, and the G3 also has an working exchange active sync account for my work email on it.

I am also having a cert problem right now. I have a remote.mycompany.com website on the server that is not part of my cert from GoDaddy. I am trying to track it down so I can set it to mail.mycompany.com.So on everyone's outlook they are getting a security warning and are instructed to click yes for now. But their outlook works just fine, so I don't know if the cert problem is related to my active sync problem.
 

jeff-j

Honorable
Dec 13, 2013
37
0
10,590
2
I figured out the problem. It with with exchange. Here is what I did. Try this: Have a look in Exchange Manager > Organization Config > Hub Transport > Accepted Domains Make sure the <domain>.local is set as the default. For some reason on ours the default domain got changed to our external mail domain. Just right click on the .local domain and choose "Set as Default". Once we changed that and restarted the exchange information store in services. I were able to send from the mobile devices.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Cell Phone General Discussion 1
L Cell Phone General Discussion 1
O Cell Phone General Discussion 1
O Cell Phone General Discussion 1
A Cell Phone General Discussion 1
R Cell Phone General Discussion 1
H Cell Phone General Discussion 3
H Cell Phone General Discussion 3
H Cell Phone General Discussion 2
C Cell Phone General Discussion 1
T Cell Phone General Discussion 2
J Cell Phone General Discussion 1
C Cell Phone General Discussion 1
C Cell Phone General Discussion 1
L Cell Phone General Discussion 1
M Cell Phone General Discussion 1
S Cell Phone General Discussion 1
J Cell Phone General Discussion 3
K Cell Phone General Discussion 1
T Cell Phone General Discussion 3

ASK THE COMMUNITY