Question Can't sign on to sears.com. My password disappears when I click "sign-on".

chloe_da_cat

Commendable
Jul 7, 2019
Sears.com, kmart.com all will not allow me to sign on. They uses that reCAPTCHA thing. When I put in my name, then password, then do the reCAPTCHA thing I click "sign-on" and then my password disappears. EVERY SINGLE TIME....FOR WEEKS! Do I have something set wrong in settings? What causes this? I don't know what to do to fix this. Is it their website's problem? I'm using a (three month old) Lenovo Ideapad 130-15AST type 81H5. This also happened with my old computer.

Last edited by a moderator:

MDTOP

Great
Jun 6, 2019
Does the webpage display any messages "user name or password incorrect?
Try to re- sign up.(set up account again) Typically the site should know your e-mail and will not allow you to set up another account with the same e-mail. Follow then prompts to change password should get you in.

chloe_da_cat

Commendable
Jul 7, 2019
Does the webpage display any messages "user name or password incorrect?
Try to re- sign up.(set up account again) Typically the site should know your e-mail and will not allow you to set up another account with the same e-mail. Follow then prompts to change password should get you in.
No. It never says anything is wrong. Thanks. I will try the new account thing and password thing. Although I have recently (out of desperation) changed my password twice. I'll do it again tho.

chloe_da_cat

Commendable
Jul 7, 2019
browser issue? try a different one? try without any addon/extension?
Firstly, thanks so much for your prompt reply. This is driving me nuts.
I have tried Edge- same issues. I have turned off but not removed all of my extensions. Should I remove them? And I have tried using incognito- all do the same thing. Also, I use windows 10 and Google Chrome. I uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome and that did not alter it either. Any other ideas will be entertained. =)
I can't find any Sears contact number that addresses Tech questions. Any chance it could be a problem with their website? I'm curious b/c I logged on a couple of nights ago, shopped, BUT it would not let me check out...the "checkout" button did nothing. I could only go back to my" shopping cart" and no further.
Thanks in advance for any assistance.

chloe_da_cat

Commendable
Jul 7, 2019
You do also realize it could be them and not you.
At this point I do believe it is the website's fault. But it's maddening b/c I have not found any phone # so far that deals with a tech problem. You get the recorded "fill in your order number"...I don't have one! Then you can't even speak to a human. No order #, no help.

I was actually referring to the site, not the ISP. Sounds like the number you are calling is for orders not for site issues. Even though you can't log into the site, if the pages pull up there should be info somewhere on contacting them for site issues and not order problems. However it likely wouldn't be a number to call.