Question can't tell directions of sounds in games.

Jul 19, 2022
Hello. I have issue with directional sounds in videogames, where sounds are important. the only difference i get is when something is remotelly behind me it's basses are higher (i think). My window's sound settings are all unchecked boxes with spatial settings off , tried updating drivers even thou it says they are latest versions (reinstalled them twice), tried different ways to inject headphones either through USB or corresponding cables for headset and microphone. it's 3 years since i bought most computer parts, where only one i didn't upgrade was graphic card which was gtx 1080 so i didn't want to. i looked for any equalizers and didn't find any either. It makes me cry not to enjoy games with friends where i can't hear properly. i looked up motherboards are responsible for audio and i am sceptical to buy a new one, because at first i thought it was because of my headphones so i bought new ones but it didn't help, so i don't want to waste money where it doesn't help. (edit: can't be caused by game sound settings because i see this problem in multiple games)

Jul 19, 2022
it seems like both. today i tried on my laptop new headphones and when something was left of me it only played in left channel and etc. as it should but not on my main computer.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2022
Procesor Intel Core i7-9700K
GTX 1080 graphic card
HyperX 16GB KIT DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Predator Series RAM
cooler NOCTUA NH-D15
MSI MAG Z390 TOMAHAWK
SSD disc Kingston KC2000 2000GB
case Fractal Design Define C TG
powercore Corsair RM850x (2018)

That motherboard has multiple audio jacks that may not have been setup properly. You said you upgraded things, did you do a clean Windows setup with all drivers when you were upgrading the motherboard? If not, need to do that. You can also just get an add-on sound card, no need to swap the full motherboard.