Cant undelete deleted files

Michael Shields

Estimable
Oct 19, 2014
Hi,

We accidentally deleted over 400 photos on the Samsung galaxy S4 I9505 when it was connected to windows explorer (deleted via the PC).

I have tried about 10 different undelete software programs and while some of them can find older photos, none of the recent 400.

My device is rooted.
I have activated USB debugging in Developer options.
The photos were deleted today, the space can not have been re-written too.

I have tried the most popular undelete apps on the phone, they can find old photos but none of the new ones.
I have tried android specific software on the PC they can detect the phone and scan it, but same deal none of the new photos.
I have tried generic undelete software, but none of them can see the removable drive (despite it showing up in windows explorer, with all folders viewable as its rooted).

I am really lost for ideas on what to try. PLEASE HELP!!

Moishi Netzer

Estimable
Oct 19, 2014
if they have been deleted on the phone there is no way of getting them back. and if you deleted it through your phone in the laptop then it deletes into your recycling bin, so that's the first place to start

Michael Shields

Estimable
Oct 19, 2014
Usually if you delete files in a removable drive they don't copy them to your PC hard drive (recycling bin folder).
Seems lots of people have had success undeleting files from their android phone. I can see photos from last year that I could recover.
But for reasons I don't understand, I cant locate any of the recent 400 photos.