Can't Update S3

phawn60

Honorable
Dec 12, 2013
Hi yeah uhmm. I bought a samsung galaxy s3 international version from amazon like a couple of months ago and I am unable to update its software. Actually, there is no software update in the "About Phone" section. When I tried updating it with Samsung Kies, it did not detect my phone at all. It cannot even go into download mode. The os version is 4.1.2. It was not rooted at all. It was also a used phone. Help please. I just want to update my phone. :(

Solution
I actually read the "ordered from Amazon" as "Verizon". If there is no "System Updates" in the About phone screen, you may need to re-load the default ROM on the phone again and see if that fixes it. Since the phone was used, do you know the history of it? Maybe whoever owned the phone loaded a bad ROM onto it.
I actually read the "ordered from Amazon" as "Verizon". If there is no "System Updates" in the About phone screen, you may need to re-load the default ROM on the phone again and see if that fixes it. Since the phone was used, do you know the history of it? Maybe whoever owned the phone loaded a bad ROM onto it.

Solution