Can't use both my headset (green output) and aux in (green output) simultaneously

ttg_Avenged

Honorable
Feb 23, 2012
So I have a onboard soundboard, and two green (speaker/audio) outputs on my computer, and when one is connected and the other is then connected, one overrides the other. The headphones jack usually overrides and becomes the "Speakers" under windows audio. I hope this isn't too confusing, I made a very brief illustration (paint, lol.)

QcXb3FA.png

Both are named "Speakers" under windows audio and I think that is standard? Is there any way around this? Would a converter of like, green/red to usb fix this for my headset? (If it exist, probably does.) Thanks every one!

Solution
haha yea just wanted to double check. But yea this won't work because it thinks you want to use Headphone and Not Speakers so it disables the back jack. As far as I know no way to override this. Honestly bet buy is to go out buy by a cheap headphone splitter, plug it in the back, plug the speakers in them and then the headphones in the other (May also need a 3.5mm Extension cable to reach all the way back there) But that won't override it then. Windows is also only designed to use ONE sound card as well so using a USB headset or something will also do the same. Again unless you use the SPDIF which is Always on regardless of what you are using.

drtweak

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012
Are they both on the back or is one on the back and one on the front? Never saw two outputs on the back before.

Well when you use the Headphone jack (Front or top of case) it always shuts off the back one. Only way i know to get around this is to use the Optical (SPDIF) and the speaker output on the back. I use my turtle Beach PX51 on the optical and it always has audio and then the Head phone back is plugged into some other speakers for when everyone wants to listen.

drtweak

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012
haha yea just wanted to double check. But yea this won't work because it thinks you want to use Headphone and Not Speakers so it disables the back jack. As far as I know no way to override this. Honestly bet buy is to go out buy by a cheap headphone splitter, plug it in the back, plug the speakers in them and then the headphones in the other (May also need a 3.5mm Extension cable to reach all the way back there) But that won't override it then. Windows is also only designed to use ONE sound card as well so using a USB headset or something will also do the same. Again unless you use the SPDIF which is Always on regardless of what you are using.

Solution